With news of the recent failure of Sweet Property Services in Rochester, it’s a good opportunity to reconsider best practice in agency. It’s pretty important and we should all be reminded of our responsibilities to our clients when they are making key financial considerations which may have serious implications for them.
Raising public awareness of what to expect should be something to be proud of and here at Michael Parkes we strongly believe in professionalism at all times. It’s our job to act fairly and use our due skill to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients within the limitations of the market.
What to expect from us when letting your commercial property
We will always:-
- Inspect the property inside and out
- Take measurements
- Note the general condition of the property.
- Establish legal ownership
- Comment on the general market conditions
- Obtain evidence to compare values and make required adjustments
- Provide you with our professional estimate of anticipated market rent/price
- Agree with you an approach for viewings
- Make arrangements for holding keys
- Help you to obtain an EPC if you don’t yet have one.
- Agree a marketing strategy
- Record all viewings and feedback to you
- Notify you of any changes
Our fees are fair and competitive and we are focused on transacting successful deals.
We are a firm regulated by the RICS with experienced and qualified staff to give you the best advice.
We are also well placed to manage your property and have staff experienced in rent collection and service charge management as well as professional work such as lease renewals, rent reviews, and licences for consents.
For more information please speak to Emma Catterall